If you're cooking for yourself, think of these as the morning gourmet appetizer to your turkey dinner. If you're entertaining guests, wow them with these dishes that deliver on the flavor without exhausting you before the real work begins:
- French Toast: Did you know that you can prepare your french toast the night before? This Vanilla-Maple French Toast is divine and sits overnight. It asks for pan/griddle frying, but as this very similar recipe for Overnight French Toast shows, you can also bake the breakfast in the oven as well.
- Waffles: If you have a waffle maker, make up a batch well before Thanksgiving and store them in the freezer until the big day, when they just need to be toasted and topped.
- Muffins, Croissants, and Pastries: As your oven is pre-heating for the turkey, throw in pre-made pastries to get warm. Serve with jam, butter, and some fruit.
- Bagels: This might sound boring, but it's easy to sass these up for breakfast -- along with your basket of bagels, put out a selection of gourmet spreads, some lox, tomatoes, and fresh cheese slices.
- Granola: Make up a batch like Extreme Granola and serve with yogurt and fruit.