Everyone leaves out milk and cookies (or brandy and Ruffles -- it's all about what's right for your family) for Santa on Christmas Eve.
When I was a kid we would also leave out carrots for the reindeer, which always struck me as a mistake. I mean, reindeer live at the North Pole, where the ground is frozen, so they can't grow root vegetables, right? So how did we know that reindeer would even like carrots?
Yeah, my mom rolled her eyes, too.
But I've been vindicated. There is a better treat to leave out for reindeer: Magical Reindeer Food!
It comes in a festive green striped package, that is very clearly marked "INEDIBLE NOT FOR KIDS TO EAT" in big screamy letters. I don't know what is in it, but I'm positive the ingredients do not include carrots.
I picked up a few tubes for my nieces and nephews over at Pier 1 Imports, getting it for the bargain price (it is magic after all) of $1.50. You can also find it online at Miles Kimball for $2.99, plus shipping.
Or you can be like my mom and leave out carrots. I'm just saying, Santa will, as always, graciously return them to the refrigerator. Remember to put away the brandy, though -- sometimes he takes a "to go" cup and leaves the empty under the tree!
Magic Reindeer Food
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop