Letter-perfect party decor is easy with a garland made using our clip-art alphabet. Here, a birthday greeting in warm tones hangs above a serving table done up in similar shades of pink and orange.
Photo: Martha Stewart
To make this garland, follow the templates and the how-to. Or download the alphabet from our website and create your own. No matter the occasion, you won't be at a loss for words.
You'll need medium-weight white or colored card stock, pinking shears, a utility knife, silk ribbon (1/8 inch wide; you'll need about 4 yards, depending on your space), and pushpins.
1. For a birthday banner, color-photocopy these letters onto white card stock. Or download the entire black-and-white alphabet from our website and print letters for desired words onto colored paper. To give the letters a decorative edge, cut them out with pinking shears.
2. Use a utility knife to cut two vertical slits near the top of each circle, as indicated. Arrange letters into words on a work surface, and string together by threading ribbon through the slits. Hang the garland in a corner or between opposite walls with pushpins.
100 Easy Recipes for Burgers, Sides, Desserts, and More
Summer Sides and Desserts
How to Make a Birthday Banner
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop