A Christmas cookie recipe that merges taste with classic holiday shapes is the jam-sandwiched linzer. Using the same ingredients as an Austrian Linzertorte, Linzer cookies are known for their shaped "eyes" which let you peek at the delicious and sticky filling within. Classically, these sandwiches are made with ground almonds and an inner layer of black currant, but they can be adapted to suit your nut and preserve preferences.
The key to a prime linzer cookie is the shape. To get the classic scalloped edge and Christmas shapes, grab a holiday Linzer cookie cutter set. Once that's sorted, it all comes down to a recipe. Head to AOL Food for a Christmas Linzer Cookie recipe that hazelnuts and raspberry jam for a cookie that becomes immediately festive with a gentle dusting of powdered sugar. And if you're feeling a little sassy, hit Slashfood for a unique Whole Wheat Linzer Cookie version.
Christmas Cookie Recipes: Christmas Linzer Cookies
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop