A deer with some real Christmas spirit is wandering around Colorado Springs this holiday season. The buck has a string of Christmas lights stuck in his antlers.
Colorado wildlife experts told Denver TV station KDVR they'll leave the male deer alone for now, as they expect he'll lose the lights eventually. If they don't fall off naturally, he'll have to wait until sometime this spring, when deer traditionally shed their antlers in order to grow a new set.
The deer's health is not at risk, but the incident should serve as a reminder to suburban residents to be aware of wildlife when stringing holiday lights. Colorado Springs residents in particular were advised not to wind lights around bushes and trees where hungry deer are looking for food.
Deer Wanders With Christmas Lights Stuck in Antlers
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop