3' round balloon
bowl and whisk
10 yards 1/8" rope
hot glue gun
colorful cupcake liners
Make the pinata:
1. Tear up newspaper into 2"x8" strips.
2. Make a paste by mixing up equal parts water and flour. Paste should be the consistency of cake batter.
3. Set balloon in a bowl to secure. Drag a newspaper strip through paste, using fingers to squeegee off excess. Smooth strip onto balloon.
4. Repeat to cover balloon.
5. Let dry completely and repeat until there are 3-4 layers.
6. When the last layers is dry, pop the balloon and remove. Cover the hole with a layer of newspaper.
7. Cut a trap door in the back of balloon. Knot the rope at the bottom and thread through a hole at the top. Fill the balloon with candy and tap trap door shut.
Decorate the pinata:
1. Fold cupcake liners in half.
2. Rest pinata on a bowl while working.
3. Glue cupcake liners to pinata. Start at the bottom and work around.
4. Hang pinata from a pulley.
Feeling crafty? Check out more of Kendra's DIY projects here. And get inspired to throw a margarita party with a little help from ShelterPop!