Our expert crafter Kendra Smoot shows you how to make a hoot-iful owl costume with a few simple tools. Trick or treat!
Decorative artificial leaves
1. Lay the black dress flat. Glue leaves to the body of the dress for a feathery effect.
2. To create a beak, cut a 2.5-inch square out of the yellow felt and glue two corners together.
3. Glue the beak to the bridge of the eyeglasses.
4. Cut two small triangles out of the black felt and glue to the eyeglasses.
No time to make your own costume? Check out these other unique costume ideas from AOL Shopping. Plus AOL Kids has some great intel of the latest costume trends, from characters to classic.
Halloween Crafts with Kendra: Make an Owl Costume
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop