Our expert crafter Kendra Smoot has great ideas for making your home look eerily amazing in this how-to video.
To make the pumpkin wreath:
An 18" masonite wreath form
A hot glue gun
About 13 plastic or real mini pumpkins
Four yards of green ribbon
1/2 yard of orange ribbon
1. Wrap your wreath form with green ribbon. Secure at the top with a dab of hot glue and then work your way around.
2. Tie a loop around the wreath form with your orange ribbon for it to hang from.
3. Place the pumpkins evenly around the wreath form before gluing to make sure there are no holes or gaps. Once you're happy with how it looks, use hot glue to attach the pumpkins to the wreath.
To make the ghosts:
Peel and stick black felt
1. Blow up the balloon.
2. Cut out eyes and nose from the peel and stick felt and adhere to the balloon.
3. Cut a 1"x30" strip of tulle. This will create the "neck" of the ghost.
4. Layer a large piece of tulle three or four times and place the balloon in the center. Now gather the edges of the tulle and tie around the balloon using the strip of tulle.
5. You can use the thread to hang the ghost. I love to hang it from the back of chairs or from doorways.
To make the candy corn pots:
5" tall terra cotta pot
Copper, gold, and white glitter
Tray for catching glitter
1. Use a ruler to measure and mark off the pot into thirds. Use tape to separate the three sections.
2. Brush the top (widest part of the pot) section with craft glue and cover with gold glitter.
3. Remove the tape and brush the middle section with craft glue and cover with copper glitter.
4. Remove the last piece of tape and brush the bottom section with craft glue and cover with white glitter.
5. Let the pot dry. Fill with candy and hand them out as gifts.
Find more spooky and chic Halloween decorations and crafts at Shelterpop.com.
Halloween Crafts with Kendra: Easy Halloween Decorations
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop