It's alive! Expert crafter, Kendra Smoot, has this fun and frightening idea for a mad scientist Halloween costume in this how-to video.
To make the mad scientist costume in our video:
Men's buttoned shirt
Step 1. Make a frame for the coat by placing the Styrofoam in the backpack. Zip up around the Styrofoam to secure.
Step 2. Lay the lab coat on the ground and open. Place the shirt on top of the coat, and put the shirt's arms inside of the lab coats arms. Unbutton the shirt. Place the backpack in the shirt and lab coat so the top of the Styrofoam creates shoulders. Button the shirt up, including the neck. Stuff the arms and chest of the shirt with batting.
Step 3. Have child put on backpack and lean their head forward as you button up the lab coat, leaving just the head exposed
Step 4. Apply fake blood to the neck.
Step 5. Stuff the gloves with batting, and using safety pins, secure them to the inside of the coat sleeves.
Step 6. Safety pin the gloves underneath the chin to give the illusion of holding up the head.
Want more Halloween costume ideas? Check out the latest costumes for 2010 from AOL Shopping.
Halloween Crafts with Kendra: Make a Mad Scientist Costume
- How to Throw an Easter Brunch Buffet - Holidays Central
- Easter Centerpiece Ideas - Holidays Central
- Spring Clean Like a Pro - Reader's Digest
- Easter Egg Decorating Ideas - Celebrations
- Unique Twists on Spring Cocktails - Celebrations
- Easter Bunny Cake - KitchenDaily
- How to Play: Easter Egg Race - ParentDish
- Early Spring Flowers: What's Blooming? - Shelterpop