2 baking pans
alphabet cookie cutters
ice cream scoop
Step 1: Make your own cookie dough recipe or follow my favorite recipe below. Bake dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions for cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until just blended.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread on to baking sheet using a rubber spatula.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are toasted.
Step 2: Let cookie dough cool. Use alphabet cookie cutters to cut out multiple cookies. Deep cookie cutters work best. You can decide if you want to cut out the middle parts of the letter. I left them in for a more equal cookie to ice cream ratio. Place cut cookies on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze.
Step 3: Scoop 1 pint of ice cream into a casserole dish and let soften a little. Spread evenly with a spatula. Freeze until hard.
Makes about 10 ice cream sandwiches.